An easy to work but dramatic lace shawl with three shaping options. Inspired by the rugged Cornish coastline.
Each shawl requires:
- 420-480 yards of 4-ply/fingering weight/sock yarn
- 4mm needle (or size necessary to achieve gauge)
- tapestry needle to weave in ends
- 2 stitch markers (for triangle and heart-shaped shawls)
Gauge: 14 sts and 29 rows over 4 inches/10 cm in stockinette after blocking (changes to gauge will result in more/less yarn being used and different final dimensions).
- Triangle – wingspan 59 inches / 150 cm, maximum depth 27.5 inches / 70 cm
- Heart – wingspan 61 inches / 155 cm, maximum depth 29 inches / 74 cm
- Crescent – wingspan 64 inches / 162 cm, maximum depth 21 inches / 53 cm
Instructions included for all three shaping options.
2 pdf files are provided – a printer friendly version and one with all of the high-res images.
Note, this sale is for a pdf file of instructions required to hand-knit this item, and not for the finished object.