Just as Chris Froome only had to finish the final stage to with the Tour de France, I managed to complete my spinning in advance of the final day.
I had gone from
Spinning up the following fibre:
- 300g of Little Owl Crafts Wensleydale in natural grey became 1,080 yards of 2-ply fingering weight yarn
- 100g of Sara’s Texture Crafts BFL in Strawberry colourway became 502 yards of 2-ply light-fingering weight yarn
- 200g of Sara’s Texture Crafts Merino & Silk in Heathered Highlands colourway became 1,074 yards of 2-ply light fingering weight yarn
- 500g of Jamieson & Smith Shetland in natural fawn became 2,036 yards of 2-ply fingering weight yarn
- 100g of Wildcraft Romney in Purple Topshells colourway became 446 yards of 2-ply fingering weight yarn
- 130g of Hilltop Cloud Suffolk in Winter Moss colourway became 506 yards of 2-ply fingering weight yarn
- 100g of Wildcraft Jacob in The Night Circus colourway became 336 yards of 2-ply fingering weight yarn
- 120g of Hilltop Cloud Exmoor Blueface in Eclipse colourway became 424 yards of 2-ply fingering weight yarn
- 100g of The Double Ewe Whitefaced Woodland in Easter Brunch colourway became 306 yards of 2-ply sport weight yarn
A grand total of 1.65kg of fibre was turned into 6,710 yards of mostly 2-ply fingering weight yarn (sometimes a light fingering, sometimes a sport). Not bad for a few weeks’ work.