The Tour de Fleece (and Tour de France) are scheduled to start tomorrow and I have selected the fibre I would like to try and spin this year. It is a bit of a stash-busting challenge (which fits in nicely with my 2017 stashdown challenge) and features a wishlist of what I would like to get through over the next 21 days of spinning (I will be taking different rest days to the cyclists).
In order of spinning there is:
- 300g of Little Owl Crafts Wensleydale in natural grey
- 100g of Sara’s Texture Crafts BFL in Strawberry colourway
- 200g of Sara’s Texture Crafts Merino & Silk in Heathered Highlands colourway
- 500g of Jamieson & Smith Shetland in natural fawn
- 100g of Wildcraft Romney in Purple Topshells colourway
- 130g of Hilltop Cloud Suffolk in Winter Moss colourway
- 100g of Wildcraft Jacob in The Night Circus colourway
- 120g of Hilltop Cloud Exmoor Blueface in Eclipse colourway
- 100g of The Double Ewe Whitefaced Woodland in Easter Brunch colourway
A grand total of 1.65kg of fibre, which should be possible given that I can usual spin 100g of singles on a good day. Add in another third of a day of plying for each 100g spun and it should come out just about right.