March saw more good progress on my cold sheep stashdown challenge.
It began with turning 1,212 yards of hanspun into a long-sleeved sweater with some interesting design features which the stripes showed up well.
I then dug into my commercial yarn stash for the first time in the year to work on a new version of an old pattern, making a gauntlet version of my old diamond wristers pattern. This longer version used 231 yards of yarn.
Whilst I got that into testing I spun up 200g of white Shetland fibre into 934 yards of 2-ply fingering weight yarn.
I also made the shorter version of the revised pattern, using up another 131 yards.
Then it was back to the handspun, knitting up this tunic/dress and using up 1,334 yards of yarn
A brief pause in the knitting to spin up 338 yards of chain-plied fingering weight Manx Loaghtan fibre (a rare breed)
And also some black Jacob, 464 yards of fingering weight 2-ply
I also finished off another Shetland gradient jumper/tunic which used up 1,094 yards of yarn.
Total monthly yarn out: 4,002 yards
Total monthly yarn in: 1,736 yards
Net monthly yarn reduction: 2,266 yards
Monthly fibre stash reduction: 400g.
Total yarn out year-to-date: 8,108 yards
Total yarn in year-to-date: 4,686 yards
Net yarn reduction year-to-date: 3,422 yards
Fibre stash reduction year-to-date: 1,210g.