January has come and gone and so too has some of my stash (both yarns and fibre). I started by sorting through my yarn stash and donated yarns that I wouldn’t use to my local Children’s Scrapstore. This got rid of a large chunk which was mostly thick (and cheap) cotton bought to practise the principles of weaving with when I first got my loom.
In total that reduced my stash by 3,278.5 yards and 2,575g (remembering that for some of these yarns I have only weight and not yardage).
I also got on with some spinning for a blanket I am planning to weave, starting with 300g of Black Welsh top turning into 1,322 yards of 2-ply fingering weight yarn (which now weighs 304g)
Next I tackled some grey Corriedale fibre, turning what was supposed to be 100g into 524 yards and 105g of 2-ply light fingering weight yarn.
Then I spun up 100g of dark brown Corriedale to make 107g of 2-ply light fingering weight yarn totally 476 yards.
Turns out the people I have been buying this fibre from have been overestimating slightly on the weight.
A quick reminder of what I started the year with (adjusted for some white Welsh top that had been spun but not marked as completed at the end of the year):
Total monthly yarn out: 3,278.5 yards, 2,575g
Total monthly yarn in: 2,322 yards, 516g
Net monthly yarn decrease: 956.5 yards, 2,059g
Monthly fibre stash reduction: 500g.
Total yarn out ytd: 3,278.5 yards, 2,575g
Total yarn in ytd: 2,322 yards, 516g
Net yarn decrease ytd: 956.5 yards, 2,059g
Fibre stash reduction ytd: 500g.