February has been a quiet month in terms of stashdown. I started with spinning up some fibre, 300g (really 310g) of Corriedale becoming 1,578 yards of light fingering weight 2-ply.
I then decided to try my hand at weaving to use up some yarn. It had been a few years since I’d used the loom so figured I should have a bit of a test run first. My first experiment with trying to use two heddles to weave a double wide cloth did not go as planned, and ended up in a lot of yarn, 1,007 yards, making its way to the bin (but at least it was cheap leftovers from another project).
I stuck to weaving strips of fabric from my handspun and sewing them together to make a bit of a wobbly blanket (the strips weren’t all of the same length in the end), using up 2,600 yards.
Total monthly yarn out: 3,607 yards, 926g
Total monthly yarn in: 1,578 yards, 310g
Net monthly yarn decrease: 2,029 yards, 616g
Monthly fibre stash reduction: 300g.
Total yarn out ytd: 6,885.5 yards, 3,501g
Total yarn in ytd: 3,900 yards, 826g
Net yarn decrease ytd: 2,985.5 yards, 2,675g
Fibre stash reduction ytd: 800g.