A warm and snuggly slouch hat that is reminiscent of pine cones.
Slipped stitches create pockets of air to keep your head warm, and make this hat ideal for handspun yarn which might be a little variable in thickness.
Stitch pattern used in the hat is available in both written and charted formats, though the majority of the instructions are written.
Matching fingerless mitts are available for a coordinated look.
- 200-260 yards of 4ply/fingering weight/sock yarn
- 3.75mm circular needle for hatband
- 4mm circular needle for body of hat
- stitch marker to indicate start of round
- tapestry needle to weave in ends
- size small to fit head circumference 18”
- size medium to fit head circumference 20”
- size large to fit head circumference 22”
2 pdf files are provided – a printer friendly version and one with all of the high-res images. Click on the image above for more photos.
Available on ravelry for £2.50 (EU customers will have VAT added at checkout):